Current Skincare routine

current skincare routine caudalie body shop elemental herbalogy forever living garnier lush lanolips
For the first time ever I have finally found myself sticking to a routine with my skincare as I am pretty lazy with skincare! I don't want to brag but I'm blessed with a fairly clear complexion and although I have inherited my fathers gigantic pores and I have dark stubborn circles and a bold vein under the eyes which are impossible to cover, I've not been too unfortunate. of course I get the odd hormonal spot on the chin area, who doesn't? But as I'm in my mid to late twenties now (ouch) I have been really in the market for new treats for my skin and have settled on this little selection. For now at least anyway...

So Before I begin I should start by saying that this is pretty much the same for morning and night and I would say my skin is pretty normal with the odd dry day.

I start by removing any make up or residual make up and for this I swear by micellar water and I use the Garnier Micellar cleansing water and as the one for combination & sensitive skin had just been launched, I have been using this one although the one for normal skin suits me pretty well too. This is more widely available than the popular bioderma and a fraction of the price but most micellar waters work great.

I then move on to a deep cleanse and I recently picked up the Botanics Hot cloth cleansing balm which I have been really enjoying! it feels luxurious on the skin and smells so beautiful. I wouldn't recommend this one for oily skin as it can feel a bit greasy if you use too much but for a budget balm cleanser I am absolutely loving it. You just warm up the product in your hands, massage on your skin and remove gently with the muslin cloth included.

The next two steps I don't do on a daily basis and just keep to once or twice a week as I'm a believer of keeping it simple so sometimes I choose to then exfoliate my skin and I have become obsessed with this sample of elemental herbology Facial Glow radiance peel. Although this is technically a peel and not an exfoliator it feels like it does the job. I massage this in to damp skin and leave for 4 Min's before rinsing. It smells so zesty and contains AHA's and this really makes a huge difference to the way my skin feels and I can only really describe it as feeling completely rejuvenated. A full size of this is about £45 so it is way more than what I would pay but I will have to bite the bullet and get this as it is seriously worth it and I cant not have it in my life!

Another optional step is to then use a face mask and my mask of choice is the Forever Marine Mask from forever living. This mask contains the purest aloe Vera ingredients as well as natural sea minerals and honey. Me and a lot of my friends cannot get enough from this brand in general and this mask is wonderful. It gives a really deep nourishment and moisturises your skin which I find is rare for a mask as a lot can leave my face feeling tight.

After the cleansing process is over I then use a spray toner and I love The Body Shop's Vitamin E face mist. This may sound corny but it feels so refreshing just to give your whole face a spritz and vitamin E is such a great ingredient if like me you are concerned about your skin ageing. After firmly pressing in Caudalies Vinoperfect serum (another birchbox treasure) I also use the vitamin E Sorbet from the body shop which I have already used half of since buying this as I am addicted to this! I did a full blog of this stuff as I feel its a valid dupe for Cliniques moisture surge and its so much cheaper.

All that's left after that is an eye cream and honestly, I feel there is room for improvement on this front! Ive been using boots simply sensitive hydrating eye cream which is fine, its not a bad eye cream and is super cheap but I feel I need something with a little more oomph, so any suggestions would be greatly welcome...

After my skin is sorted I then like to pay a little attention to my lips as I always have dry lips. I like to keep them nourished by using lush mint julips lip scrub and then finishing off with a lip balm or treatment and I'm currently loving this lip ointment from lanolips which is super thick and really transforms chapped lips.


1 comment:

  1. Hey I love your blog so I nominated you for the Liebster blogging award, click here for more information about it: http://gemimalove.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/liebster-blogging-award-number-two.html
    Good luck and I can't wait to read your answers x

    ReplyDelete